Saturday, July 14, 2012

Sneak Thief

Dark stranger,
standing outside in the rain,
in the cold, in the night air,
not moving, not straying,
not having any set rhythms
and being all too much of another world.

Dark stranger,
standing outside of my room,
at night, knowing that I cannot move,
can't even twitch, because I'm four,
but you're here not to rob,
here to enter and forever change our lives.

Years later a dark stranger,
disturbed and breached ,
my peace, now violated,
not finding compassion,
I spot you, I clock you,
I find your weakness easier than my own
but lose you in the night.

Dark stranger,
you're nothing but a fragment of my id,
I saw you again, and again,
violating my life, and my family
changing my perception of good,
and righteousness into vengeance.

Dark stranger
capable of nothing but ruining
the innocence of a child's mind,
no longer able to sleep at night,
not because of monsters, but because
of our dark stranger, outside my room, again.

No comments:

Post a Comment