Saturday, July 14, 2012

Angel II

I saw her with Angel's wings again,
She flew past me with speed
and loving grace but somehow
I knew that she wasn't for me, not today.

I saw her flutter past me,
with a wink and a blown kiss
and then she was gone again.
So, so beautiful was this Angel of mine
but she wasn't mine, not today.

I've seen her all of my life,
and she never changes, except for her greetings.
My Angel was the one who took you away,
off to Heaven, but she should have taken me too.
Not today, no not today.

I sat there and cried when you died,
it took and shook me so very hard.
I laid their and tried and shy'd her,
my Angel away when she tried to whisk my tears away.

I stood there at your headstone.
I cursed her when she came.
I missed you so, until I heard her speak my name,
and I cried when I realized that she was crying, my Angel
and that she was you.

And I understood and I wept,
when I saw your tear streaked face,
I felt all of the love in the world,
come up to me,
and surround me.

And I watched her face, and hear her voice.
I felt her touch and remembered so much
about my Angel and I knew,
finally, that she was mine.

And I accepted that you had died,
And I fought, I denied,
But I accepted your beauty
and your loving grace,
when I realized that my Angel was you.

No comments:

Post a Comment